Knights of the Oblong Table
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Narfell Story Hour

Go down

Narfell Story Hour Empty Narfell Story Hour

Post  steven_h_d Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:13 pm

Team weisgoinadie, hired on to a caravan and made it out of town, several days past before our skills were tested. Arya the Storm Cleric, Vorn the Dwarf Fighter, Dreed the Paladin, Roc the H-Orc Ranger, who looks a little gnomish, and myself Shevarra the H-Elf Rogue and 5 other guards. Vorn The dwarf spotted the ambush, which the ranger had missed. Vorn alerted the rest of us. So we all attacked the bandits. Cleric hit them with radiant light, the paladin and dwarf fighter advanced on them. The ranger and Rogue rained arrows. While master Bernard shouted "Kill them All." which confused me because he shouted at the bandits. Wasn't sure which side he was on. Bandits shot at him, so I guess he is still on our side. Anyway after we defeated the bandits in seven rounds he comments he was not impressed with our fighting skills. One of the arrows, hopefully from the bandits, spilled some of the wine into our food supply. It was from a crossbow so wasn't one of mine anyway. Afterwards some of our members got sick, and we determined it was the exotic wine. The cleric blessed the food, and now it is safe to eat again. Then one night the entertainers troupe leader Kent left Barbie and headed out into the wilderness like in a trance so the dwarf Vorn and I traced him to a cleft with a locked steel door. Once awoked from the trance, he spouted some cryptic words and ran off. So with a black spider marked on the doors Vorn wanted to look inside and see what the Power, Truth and Something either Evil or Good depending on your point of view was hidden inside.

Last edited by steven_h_d on Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
steven_h_d
steven_h_d

Back to top Go down

Narfell Story Hour Empty Re: Narfell Story Hour

Post  steven_h_d Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:14 pm

Have to say I failed to unlock the door twice. The whole Power, Truth thing was distracting, with just the two of us standing there. We started back only to find the caravan split in two. The performers running away with both Ken and Barbie, while our Bernard interested in learning the Power and Truth, regardless if it was good or bad. So I attempted the lock again and this time it opened. For Ken stating he had locked the door this place was older than him. We came to a room, and were warned we would become apostle's. I am nobodies maid or apostle so I shot the undead creature, or rather at him. That for some reason made him upset so 4 others like him came in from another door. Rude to have been listening in, but they are undead, so can't expect them to understand manners. The Paladin was missing, maybe had a church dinner to attend or something. So the remaining 4 of us fought them off in 4 rounds. Barnard was still not impressed. I didn't see him do anything brave.
steven_h_d
steven_h_d

Back to top Go down

Post  steven_h_d Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:15 pm

Having now fought human bandits and undead, we continued into the Crypt, for indeed this is what it appears to be, we come to a bunk house, with more undead, which don't like the light we threw into the room or the adventurers that entered either. We took them down in less rounds, while Barnard, the assistant merchants and the shadow fighters hung back. Rest once again while I forgot to stand watch. So we all sept well. Then more exploring. Came to a locked door, with a Mummy standing in front of it. He had a quarterstaff and Vorn wanted to talk to it. Shaverra was just going to shoot it. Arya wanted me to wait. In the end, it says "You do not seek the TRUTH!" It attacked, So I asked Vorn, "Can I shoot it now?"
"Yes, shoot it!"
So one Mummy vs the 4 adventurer, the mummy lost. So I attempted to pick the lock, only there was no keyhole. Vorn moved the crossbar off the doors, it crumbled in his hands. Nest he and Arya attempted to push the doors open. Roc and I shouted encouragement. Barnard noticed the doors said pull only, so they then began to pull, the other adventurers helped and so did the assistant merchants, not Barnard.
Finally Arya door opened and a gaseous cloud filled the air, we had no choice but to breath the gas in. Then three swarms of spiders attacked. We fought them off whoever got enclosed and they moved from person to person. Finally clear of spiders we looked around at Idols, amulets and dust. Collected some of the Idols and Amulets, more trinkets than value. But might help discover what this place is about.
steven_h_d
steven_h_d

Back to top Go down

Post  steven_h_d Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:57 pm

Wow, let down on my story telling duties. Two years gone by.
The troop is still not sure of our direction. We have hopped into and out of dimensions all of them trouble for us. Last seen we had a human crown, and killed an evil priest. That should have been good. It wasn't the killing of the grandson released an even older and more powerful evil from the crown. Which of course attempted to kill us. Luck prevailed or maybe was helped by a deity. The crown slipped and fell into the spell path and evil and crown were both destroyed, we hope. We ended back on Forgotten Realms we think. What time period, are we still wanted criminals? What area did we end up in?
Hope some of this will be revealed next time.

Sheverra the Rogue Wizard (and not a thief) just occasionally pick up things.

Cobblestone - Human/(gnome) Barbarian
Arya - Human Storm Clieric
Dread - Human Paladin
Poopus - Human Fighter
Sheverra - H-Elf/Mermaid - Human Rogue/Wizard

So the Elf part is the rogue and the mermaid part is the wizard
or the elf-mermaid part is rogue
and the human part is wizard.
and there is no gnome part.
steven_h_d
steven_h_d

Back to top Go down