Knights of the Oblong Table
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travel from the Sea of Pelluria

Go down

Travel from the Sea of Pelluria Empty Travel from the Sea of Pelluria

Post  steven_h_d Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:07 am

Amber started out in her fishing village on the northern coast of the Sea of Pelluria near Chanderling, and headed North to the Mountains away from the coast. Turning East and south towards Low Rock, She would stay away if possible from Orc controller towns. Then she took a job as sailor(man) to cross a bit of mountain, and came to this area. Her contacts lead her in her search towards a place know as HOME, although none said where it was, they would give her advice as to travel in general directions only after they were sure she was not with the enemy. When she did go in towns, she disquised herself as a boy or older man (with staff). Taking down any weapons that were exposed and hiding them, the bow disassembles into three parts plus the string. It really doesn't take much to fool an Orc, their masters were the ones to avoid. Using charm, wit and her token she met several who helped her on her journey to find Ed. Although some attempted to turn her in, a bit of magic and a short trip to the nearby lake or river and they tended to disappear. This sometimes hastened her departure, she fought few actual battles and avoided having a hunt team on her trail. Finally arriving at HOME (Human Organization to Move Enemies) she was placed with these other new adventures to train their team skills. disappointed that no one had heard of Ed, she decided not to return home yet. Then it happened that HOME was sacked and they were now on the run.

Last edited by steven_h_d on Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Map corrections)
steven_h_d
steven_h_d

Back to top Go down

Travel from the Sea of Pelluria Empty Amber's Story

Post  steven_h_d Tue May 17, 2011 2:44 pm

It all seemed so simple when she started out, after all how many roads were there for Ed to travel. Her brother had been gone for a couple of years, and now Dad wanted him found. Right. True Amber wasn’t the tracker that Ed or Gretta were but she had spent time in the forest before. A week after starting out, away from the coastal town where her parents worked for the fishing industry, she still had no luck. Even the token her grandma had given her wasn’t helping with the answers from those living near the trail. Everyone was so scared it was a trap to reveal them to the shadow or his priest.
So far the invasion that had taken over the land had by-passed her village, true there was an Orc occupation force nearby, but as long as they provided food and didn’t attempt to fight they were left to themselves…mostly. A girl traveling alone was still, prey. Not only to Orc’s but some of the towns would turn anyone in as long as it wasn’t them on the cursed Mirror.
She got a few clues, but mostly closed mouths. Some vague direction and a reference to seek home in the mountains. Her home was on the coast, which they smiled and replied you new home. Whatever that meant to her was interesting. Soon as she found Ed and delivered the message she was going back, wasn’t she?
So she followed the trail to here, where she hid again in the woods watching yet another Orc and human patrol go by. Humans for the most part were fine. Those that worked with the Orcs were not, they were agents of the shadow and Half-elves like her were barely tolerated at their home village, out here and alone. The best she would get was death, and she was not powerful enough yet to take out a full patrol. That was the second reason for the travel, to increase her skills.
Small scout units, well that was another thing. Some of them would be missing along her back trail, the ones that had indeed spotted her before she had them.
Good to have a few powers in that case, to persuade them to pick another. Although the use of magic was considered, along with open revolt, against the law. Magic was only allowed if you worked for the Shadow. Still knowing something, others did not could spring here from most of the local hands. She just had to stay away from stronger forces as she traveled these roads. If magic didn’t stop them she did have a bow and other weapons. Not her strong suit, but after they had been hit by, missiles, sleep and nasty terrain spells a few blows from a sword could finish them.
Sometime she helped those remote farmers with either her magic or actual physical work. She wasn’t one of those, divas anyway afraid of a little work. She had done her time on the fishing boats, and repairing nets on the docks. Then too, if any gave her grief a trip over a body of water solved the problem. Seems a Orc in heavy armor doesn’t float or swim like a sea-elf.
Weeks later she incountered a few other misplaced being and a gnome leading them said he had seen a half-elf like she described. He pointed to a distant village and said to find help there with the resistance. Those with him were also headed there, he was a recruiter of those opposed to the Shadow forces that covered their land. Now trusting a gnome was not a real good idea and those with him looked suspect as well.
Each of them had their own training masters, but there was also group training. Some of that was boring, such as scout for Orc patrols, gather food and wood. They also had skill checks that required them to work together to defeat the staged attacks. There Amber surprised her training partners, and was surprised as well to see she wasn’t the only one to cast magic. There was the gnome that disappeared, Oomion. He thought he was the camp cook as well as a skilled rogue. Then there were the two dwarves named Shabby and Gabby, two Humans of Vash and Rivian.
Shabby was some kind of spiritual guide called a shaman, who had this conjuration of a monkey. While Gabby was a more practical arcane caster of a Bard. Both Rivan and Vashguard were your basic fighters, even if Rivan claims to be a ranger. Gretta would get a good laugh out of that. The hard part working with them was keeping them from charging prior to the spells Amber and Gabby liked to start the battle off with. Let us get them on the wrong footing before you charge in there, Vash …VASH … oh bother.
Then one day they were again out to collect food, Turnips says the gnome. All plants were turnips to him. I don’t think he knows the difference in plants speaks Gabby. She as well as I, tend to make our own food, Oomion, the gnome adds way too many spices to his stews.
We are actually attacked by an Orc squad, which we dispatch. Then hear a distant sound of battle and see smoke rising from Home. Quickly they returned and again Vash and Rivan charge in, while the gnome disappears. Shabby, Gabby and herself move into backup positions.
Then begins our fight for survival in the Shadow resistance.
steven_h_d
steven_h_d

Back to top Go down

Travel from the Sea of Pelluria Empty Reflections on our travels.

Post  steven_h_d Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:48 am

Over our long journey we were able to help a few reugees. But only a few. Too many other have now been turned out of their hoomes and on the run. Even my home town is now ash. The boats burned, father is dead and the family scattered. Is this what you saw comming dear Ed? Perhaps. Gretta and I are currently living amoug elves like the one you resqued so long ago. Nice enough people, even if some look down on half-elves. I have found a mentor to teach me some more spell casting and gretta is proving herself at the edge of battle striking the orc camps that get too close to the border. She has made freinds with some of the other half-elf and humans that are also in camp and leads raids on camps father off to steal supplies and free prisioners. My other traveling companions are near, although the witch's agents keep a weary eye on Mico. He may have to delcare himself free of the shadow effect or leave the camp. I am looking for some magic to reverse the effect the mirror has on him. Shabby and Gabby seem out of place, I supect they will want to leave soon. I have heard of a mission back to the mountians, but so far none of us have been picked to go on it. Gathorne is here again, poor soul, thinks he can woo me with flowers and choise food. Sweet Guy, but i am not interesting in raising little dornish children with him.
steven_h_d
steven_h_d

Back to top Go down

Travel from the Sea of Pelluria Empty Re: Travel from the Sea of Pelluria

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down