Villoxen the Forge

Go down

Villoxen the Forge

Post  Zandar on Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:12 pm

Villoxen
The great Mt. has been home to the race of earth. The birth place they call it. Dragon's defeted on the cliffs over it. The great old races
have lived in under or around it for ages. The place of haven. A place flattened by a storm in one hour. The lives lost on the side, and in the great forge will never be counted. Now after so long in the dark they broke to the light. Mt. stands no longer. Time to rebuild.
This time keep one eye to the sky and the great storm. Rocks from the heavens did what no beast could do. Tear down the haven.
Now the Drow,Halfings,Gnomes and Dworf work to rebuild the place the loved. Cant go down. For the magma creeps to the light as well.
They do there best to keep it at bay. A fight they are wining at times and when they lose. The lost are held in honor. Its a war they all have to fight. one that will take the living , All of them if they lose. They now seek help to find a way to help save the forge.
They seek the help of others who might know how to stop this devil.
Zandar

Back to top Go down

Tap Tap Tap, carefully goes the hammer

Post  steven_h_d on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:35 am

Tap, Tap. No not here. Can feel the heat on the other side, not good.
"Seal this tunnel off my lads."
Quickly a team of Dwarven, Gnomes, Drow and Halflings rush to work with the stone that doesnt melt. We lose this tunnel to the magma, but at least we caught it before it found our people. Our people is a mix of Dwarf, Drow, Gnome, Halfling and a few humans trapped down here with us. Have to find a way up to Villoxen, hope there is some one to greet us. So far we have stopped the magma advance, but we got cut off ourselves. Told Marlas that new tunnel was bad, at least he allowed me to place a stop wall above us before he dug. "I heard nothing to cause concern, Thorin."
"It is not just my ear, Marlas, it is the feel of it. I recommend we leave this tunnel and try 84. "
"Well I say we dig from here." he replied.
So I took my team and went on. A third team I sent above to build a backstop wall. The wall above held, we heard the door slam shut. Hope it held and the one I had build behind me as well. We lost a good group when he opened the Magma on himself. We heard the screams and saw the red light approach. We shut the door, no way to get them out. Now my team follows every word as we look to find a safe passage back.
"Frick, Frack and Luther come with me, we try tunnel 71."
Got this place mapped in 3d in my mind, wish there was someway to record it here in the dark.
Tap, Tap, Tap. No this is not the spot either, "what do you think, Frack?"
"No sir, don't like the slushing sound, sounds like water instead of magma."
"Good ear, there nephew."
Well if we don't find a normal way back up, the drow Luther can Teleport the four of us back to camp. However dont have enough of them to teleport all our exploration party, back to Villoxen. With the dark and uncertain path back they might be able to come back for others, or end up stuck in a magma pool. It happens, a group teleports and are never seen again.
Well my old ear, hasnt lead me wrong so far, but need to train these two nephews.
Well next section is C146 of tunnel 71.
Tap, Tap, Tap.
steven_h_d

Back to top Go down

Tap Tap Tap, Thorin Hammer

Post  steven_h_d on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:41 am

Well this one feels right. So we dug in, and soon found our way up two levels and back to the main group. You know I hear they want to send a group to the old town. Maybe I'll go, above ground is ok with me and Luther. Might be nice not to be playing stalemate with the lava for a while. The other teams can do the work for a while. Think I need a break after 80 years of fighting the hot red stuff. Hard to find minerals with it on our heals.
steven_h_d

Back to top Go down

Re: Villoxen the Forge

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down