To be or not to be "Human"

Go down

To be or not to be "Human"

Post  Zandar on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:06 am

Hate to fire this off at yah this late . Whats the human advantage's? Did i miss them or you not write them yet?
Nother words why play a human?

Me thinks you look at ball Me thinks you want to swing at ball. Did you ask if the ball wants to be swung at? Answer this yes ?
Zandar

Back to top Go down

Re: To be or not to be "Human"

Post  Nerethel on Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:38 am

No other species he's any real advantages over humans, as all the ability scores balance their positives and negatives. There are size and shape differences, but statistically, that's about it.

I suppose humans are equally liked (or disliked) by the other species, if you could call that an advantage.

What do you think they need?
Nerethel

Back to top Go down

RE: To be or not be Human

Post  steven_h_d on Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:19 am

There are ten basic playable species on Alryx:
Humans, Gnomes, Elves, Brownies, Sprites, Centaurs, Da’chk, Saurians, Lizarrds and Slith.
These species are diverse, representing the different worlds from which they came. While there are similarities between species, breeding between them is not genetically possible (though magic can change these rules).

But since there are portals to other world, if you want to play a dwarf, tiefling or other race you might be lonely if there are few of your species. But unless otherwise stated, just being a different race does not give you abilities in this world like it does in D&D. It should affect your role playing and background.

Did you come thru yourself, or part of a group that is now trapped here. Or were you born here after your parents, grandparents came thru? did you grow up with stories of another world? Are you seeking to return, or carving a new future. Does this experience make you more/less tolerant of others.
steven_h_d

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerethel on Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:24 am

Zandar wrote:Me thinks you look at ball Me thinks you want to swing at ball. Did you ask if the ball wants to be swung at? Answer this yes ?

"It's good to be drunk, unless you're a glass of water."
Nerethel

Back to top Go down

Post  steven_h_d on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:35 am

Zandar wrote:Me thinks you look at ball Me thinks you want to swing at ball. Did you ask if the ball wants to be swung at? Answer this yes ?

Yes it does. It wants to fullfill it's purpose and fly high in the sky. Now don't you wish you were the ball and soar thru the air?

No me thinks you wish to be drow instead....lol
steven_h_d

Back to top Go down

Post  Zandar on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:09 am

Human
Att-None
Skill-None

Ok i am going to try and write this out.
Elf got a skill adjustment. So did a lot of races.

Ones that need a rewrite are Human
Ones that need work Sprite , Centaur to be more in line with the other races stat adjust.

Human as you have it atm. Is lacking. Rest of the races have a advantage on them to skill's. A huge advantage.
Zandar

Back to top Go down

Races

Post  DM on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:27 am

I agree with Bri.

If the humans are going to be the base line, there for game purposes, should be an adjustment.

Shadowrun for example made all races start at -3 Stats to Human, to make up for Armor and Nightvision.

D&D 4th Ed ... made sure that all races start with +2 to a stat, and either a free ability or free at-will, keeping them balanced.

Just some examples ...

You could make humans more Culturally Neutral. Meaning they could travel better than some of the others races.

DM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerethel on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:52 am

True enough. I will concede this point, and consider it. Ability-wise, they are equal, but they do lack in some skill bonuses. So, in all fairness, what kinds of skills do you think humans would excel at, as compared to other species?

I'm open to suggestions here, but as a diverse species, I would think that a +1 in Knowledge might be a good start. Any other ideas that would set humans apart from the rest?
Nerethel

Back to top Go down

Post  Boomer on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:55 pm

Your +1 knowledge might cover this but humans seem to adapt quite well to their current situation. Maybe humans could attempt skills that they don't have picked, with or without a penalty. I think I remember us "faking" a skill in Shadowrun and D&D based on another skill the toon had. You could make a generic skill that humans get for free (or picked, jack of all trades and such) allowing them to attempt something they are not fully skilled in.

Just throwing out ideas.

Boomer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down