Tobiath Brownie/Assasin

Go down

Tobiath Brownie/Assasin

Post  steven_h_d on Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:14 pm

Like his father and older brother, tobaith was a proud brownie lad. Both his older brother and father had gone out into the world to earn a decent living for a small person. Unless you can hop a ride on a passing human, dwarf or elf. Ajourney across town could be a long adventure. The towns could grow quite suddenly when human decide to build they sometimes forgot to legally aquire the land rights from the brownies that lived there. Which is why when a rogue ask for help eliminating one of them that had taken over their land and evicting the current tribe of brownie tobiath, his sisters, and mother lived with Tobiath was eager to help. Sliping in the cracks, drugged dart to the watchdog. a brief climb up to the door to unlatch it and let the rogue and friends in to evict the evictor. Seemed fair to him, after the human was dead they took over the house. The next time was more difficult, as there were guards and a larger complex of a house. Still the rogue paid them funds they needed, and a posion dart to the neck when you had crawled into the room while he slept, fired while standing on the pillow he rested. Duck quickly out the door, catch a ride on the guard change and back out to freedom. Much better then normal jobs that browines tended to get. Easier to pick a lock when you are standing inside and can see the tumblers. Break someone free from prison and leave the guards puzzled as to how the door was left open, easy as fudge brownie.
steven_h_d

Back to top Go down

Re: Tobiath Brownie/Assasin

Post  Nicholas on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:23 pm

Where is this brownie race? It 3rd party or something?
Nicholas

Back to top Go down

Fractured Realm - species

Post  steven_h_d on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:04 am

It's Not D&D it is Fractured Realm - Species brownies, sprites, and others.
steven_h_d

Back to top Go down

Fracture Realm species

Post  steven_h_d on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:20 am

There are ten basic playable species on Alryx: Humans, Gnomes, Elves, Brownies, Sprites, Centaurs, Da’chk, Saurians, Lizarrds and Slith. These species are diverse, representing the different worlds from which they came. While there are similarities between species, breeding between them is not genetically possible (though magic can change these rules).

The history of a species is important to note, in that it affects how they perceive the world in which they live. More important to how it thinks however, is the biological makeup of a species. A brownie is only 1 foot in height, and that will affect its outlook quite differently than a human, as the world in human lands is built for a being around 5 to 6 feet in height. Also, the desert-dwelling slith, who have no legs, do not blink, and have no vocal cords, will not hold the same outlooks as a human could. Singing and ladders are foreign concepts to a slith. Their range of weather comfort is different, too, liking the warm deserts instead of forested temperate zones. The idea, then, is to realize what features a species has, and play the role of that species from this perspective.

Prejudices are a major factor to consider when playing another species, too. While individual members of a species vary considerably, there are tendencies for certain reactions between average members of any two given species. These reactions, which can be friendly, hostile, indifferent, cautious or more, are usually the result of racial outlooks, frequency of contact, or even the way the species’ physical form is perceived by an individual. For example, humans often find slith to be gruesome, because they closely resemble snakes. Da’chk, too, are viewed as big bugs by many humans. Elves and sprites are often viewed as beautiful, while gnomes are generally seen as dumpy and crude. Individual humans can have very different opinions of another species of course, but these are general outlooks on average for humans.

Other species have similar outlooks toward others, and while tendencies of a species follow patterns, individuals of a species can have widely varying opinions of other species.
steven_h_d

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicholas on Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:21 am

alryx sounds familiar. It's a 3rd party campaign setting isn't it?
Nicholas

Back to top Go down

It's a third Party World

Post  steven_h_d on Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:33 pm

Its a rule set and world Kris S. created we are the alpha testers
to help develop the rules and instruction, so get you 100 sider die ready.
or roll two ten siders, one for the 10,20,30,40,50...100 and the other for the 1-9
a 2 and a 5 = 25; a 7 and a 4=74; a 0 and a 0 = 100; a 1 and a 0 = 10
a 1 and a 1=fumble or 11 ;-)

Got to keep posting to stay ahead of Nick...lol
steven_h_d

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicholas on Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:48 pm

Ahh must have been another 3rd party campaign setting I was thinking of, probably alluria or some such.

Anyhow, looks like I actually need to read up on this system as I didn't realize we were play testing a new system. Is this in addition to the rapid leveling paragon game?
Nicholas

Back to top Go down

Post  Boomer on Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:49 pm

Nicholas wrote:Ahh must have been another 3rd party campaign setting I was thinking of, probably alluria or some such.

Anyhow, looks like I actually need to read up on this system as I didn't realize we were play testing a new system. Is this in addition to the rapid leveling paragon game?
Well if you checked the forums more often or showed up to some of the game days you might have been up to speed on what is going on. LMAO just kidding I just haven't seen you in a while so I had to pick on you. Smile Plus, I am trying to get to 3rd place in total posts. I have given up on catching Steve.

Lex/Mooner

Boomer

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicholas on Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:24 pm

lol well I would be showing up if it wasn't for a certain ex wife's parents funding a lawyer for her causing things to get drug out AND me having scans on some weekends. Smile But I will be there this weekend.
Nicholas

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerethel on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:55 am

The world is original, one I started lo, those many years ago... The rules and setting are original, and in constant revision. You will help shape the future of the game. And it'll be nifty.
Nerethel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum