____3________- 2_____________2____________2_________
____4________- 1_____________3____________4_________
____5_________0_____________4____________8_________
____6_________1_____________5____________12________
____7_________2_____________6____________16________
____8_________4_____________7____________20________
____9_________8_____________8____________24________
____10________12____________9____________28________

Ability's all start at 5, Except magic and Faith. Have to buy those with the ability points. (12 Ability points)
Cost of skills are a flat cost 1-1.(25 skill points.)
Specializations are 2 for 1 for skills.
When you use a skill, you add together your Attribute + Skill + Specialization.

Last edited by Zandar on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:47 pm; edited 12 times in total
Zandar

Back to top Go down

Re: Character Creation

Post  Zandar on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:51 pm

Clean up on the chart.

Last edited by Zandar on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zandar

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerethel on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:40 pm

You got the chart very close. The Magic and Faith stats start at 0. The cost for Magic and Faith are the same.

Specializations are 2 for 1. When you use a skill, you add together your Attribute + Skill + Specialization. This means that a Specialization will add to your roll. If you have an Attribute of 5, you have a maximum Skill under it of 5, for a maximum total of 10. But you can also get a specialization under the Skill of up to 5, which would give a total of 15. That's what specializations do.

During game play, Specializations are the cheapest to buy with experience points. Skills are next, and Attributes are most expensive. You will be pleased with how quickly a character can potentially improve during play. 25 skill points is a little low, but you are all starting off about as skilled as a 1st level character.

I will be sure to post a few examples on how things work over the weekend. Hopefully it will make things clearer.
Nerethel

Back to top Go down

Post  Zandar on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:41 pm

Is the chart right now? And rest of the info? Just tring to get it all down in one spot. May ask Eric or Jerry to do a post and lock it down and add all this to that post as we get it. To many rules spread out makes me a unhappy beaver.
Zandar

Back to top Go down

Brownie assasin rebuild

Post  steven_h_d on Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:36 am

I think I underdtood that, will fix my little guy later, well maybe "fix" is the wrong word. How about correct the stat sheet later...lol
steven_h_d

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerethel on Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:40 am

All these rules and more are written out in Google docs. I can post another link, but not until I get home after midnight tonight. There is a link in the forums - the post where Eric asked if Fractured Destiny was the name of my game.

Anyhow, it's all there, just have to get to it.

Bah. I wish I could do more from work!
Nerethel

Back to top Go down

Post  steven_h_d on Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:41 pm

I copied some of them over to eric shared folders, cause some of our players dont log here, and find the link. Hope that helps. So maybe they can now see them. Tried to do the others may try again tonight.
steven_h_d

Back to top Go down

Post  steven_h_d on Tue May 10, 2011 3:39 pm

Alrighty.
I had time to look over the rules again, so should repost Tobiath sheet.
After talkinng to Eric, understood that the catagory and subcatagories both count to the total of the 25 allowed points.
(IE Athletics 1 point, Climb 1 point, Jump 0 points = 2 points)
So I have the Skills balanced to the 12 Points, and will post the features
after par them down to the 25.
steven_h_d

Back to top Go down

Post  steven_h_d on Wed May 18, 2011 7:10 pm

So updated Tobiath,
Now I need the monster manual to see if I can normally beat a class III lock
with my Disable devices 2D4 roll.
Or running jump a 24" span to the door latch, with a 1D6+1
hope there is a conversion chart ie
a roll of 1 =11", or one body length, a roll of 2 is twice body length
22" so I make it on a roll of three or better.

And able to hide with a 1d8+1d6 roll against a sleepy Human Guard (-2 for half asleep)
roll an 14, guard rolls a 7 (1d6+1) - 2 = 5 woot! Tobiath dances across the room.
steven_h_d

Back to top Go down

RE: character creation

Post  steven_h_d on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:28 am

one of the things I noticed is speed for a human is 3mph, however in chapter 3, Species it is the only species that has a base speed.

I assume a brownie who is tiny would need to be carried to keep up with a adventure group of humans, and human sized characters. Otherwise he would be constantly doing hiking checks.
Where a giant could gain ground on the humans per hour.
Does heavy armor also slow you down as well as provide slashing, pericing and blundering protection?
Also leather armor for a tiny creature doesnt take as much material as for a human or giant so 15 lbs on a brownie for leather when he weights only 2.75lbs
(help I can't move!)
Nor carry his 2 lbs blow gun and 1 lb dagger. So some reduction in size is needed, for us small folks.
I think D&D aviods this by not having tiny characters, only small gnomes and halflings.
who being wider may need the extra material to cover their girth...lol
steven_h_d

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerethel on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:09 pm

Yes, size is am important factor. Everything is modified by size: weight, damage, speeds, strength, etc. I have not been working much on the game lately due to a very busy home life, but I am planning on working on it more very soon.

Nerethel

Back to top Go down

Post  Boomer on Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:52 pm

Nerethel wrote:Yes, size is am important factor. Everything is modified by size: weight, damage, speeds, strength, etc. I have not been working much on the game lately due to a very busy home life, but I am planning on working on it more very soon.

Well get working on it already. LOL. Also, get working on some pizza, pizza. I love the little ceasers dude. LOL

Boomer

Back to top Go down

Character skill points

Post  steven_h_d on Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:40 am

steven_h_d wrote:Alrighty.
I had time to look over the rules again, so should repost Tobiath sheet.
After talkinng to Eric, understood that the catagory and subcatagories both count to the total of the 25 allowed points.
(IE Athletics 1 point, Climb 1 point, Jump 0 points = 2 points)
So I have the Skills balanced to the 12 Points, and will post the features
after par them down to the 25.

Ok I went over the sheet with Jerry yesterday,
during my network consultant visit.
So there should be two of us there up to show everyone on how to fill them out.
Three if Kris is there.
As discussed there are no class: wizard; rogue; figther. Wea re all indivduals, class as how people define one another. Silly humans declaring an assassin illeagal, how about them taking my home, why wasnt that illeagal...grumble.
Anyway, you are what skills you choose. For my other charater who I will post soon, she has skills in map making and spell casting. So far a D&D type she would be a hybrid wizard/ranger.
steven_h_d

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerethel on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:51 am

Just to make my life a bit easier, when I do run the game, it would be nice to have a rudimentary background on how your character got to this point in their life... Why are you a wielder of magic? What drove you to become an assassin? Did you start being a historian because of your favorite uncle, who brought history to life through fantastic artifacts found in his adventuring career? Why do you like to wrestle so much?

This way, I can tie things from the story into each of your characters, make it more significant. I don't need a novel, just a few paragraphs, or whatever you're comfortable with. The rest of your background can be decided as we play.

Also, if your characters want to know each other somehow, feel free to connect your stories. Why does Dirk the Daring know Willie 'The Weasel'? Does Myrtle the archer owe you a favor, and is thus bound to protect you and your studious wizardly ways? Perhaps Big John the city guard in the corrupt town of Abernathy decided to help you escape, and is on the run from the law with you? You know, find some interesting ways to connect your stories a little. Or not. It's just a cool thing to think about.

As always, this is just the story so far. Other details will fill in during play, even events from your past, like your lost sister showing up long after you thought she was dead.

Some things to remember: most species can get along OK face to face, but there are always large parts of society where a species (or six) are not welcomed or allowed full rights. Magic, though detailed in the rules, is still a wonder to behold! People who wield it are looked upon with either awe, reverence, or hatred.

Portals are a higher magic. Witnessing one is like seeing a movie star: You might love where it goes or hate where it takes you, but it's still a rare thing, and will likely grab your attention.

Again, just a few paragraphs is all I ask for. Something to tell me more of WHO you are, not just what you can do.

Nerethel

Back to top Go down

Post  Boomer on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:16 pm

I was looking for the specialization skill chart. Do we have one? I check google doc's but didn't see anything labeled as a specialization chart. Can you let me know so I can look at how I am going to spend some of my 20 exp points? Thanks!!

Fife

Boomer

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerethel on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:47 pm

Oh, yah. The specializations should be listed under the big ol' skill chart, wherever it is. If you can see the Chapter 5 - Skills.doc, the list should be there, in the first part of that big file.

If not, I'll see about posting it tonight or sometime soon. Smile
Nerethel

Back to top Go down

Post  Boomer on Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:38 pm

Found it. Maybe I didn't scroll down far enough but this time I went to google docs and scrolled down and found it. The chapter 5 helped.

I didn't realize they are editable. I removed the extra letters I put on, on accident. Just wanted to read it not edit it, but it now is at the top of google docs and says it is been modified.

Fife

Boomer

Back to top Go down

Character corral

Post  steven_h_d on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:39 pm

Well hope the diary gave some ideas on how to group them into a special forces posse to hunt our bad guys.
Now Sherriff and Deputy are paid positions
So is News Reporter and Manager Madame
Sally currently works at Queen's Legs
Miracle sells lumber.......

who pays Dawn and Trake?
I may have missed that part of the intro...is Dawn on retainer from Slick?
Trake a professional Bounty Hunter?

BTW - Fife: I have your meat themometer if you are looking for it. Was left at the house.
steven_h_d

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry on Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:59 pm

Trake works for the King and as such has a little money on him and has access to more if needed through his contacts with the soldiers. It is not something he would use if it can be avoided. He has to show a ring the king gave him for that purpose, and Trake is trying to blend in as a bard. He is really trying to find more info on the other races and human areas. Trake is gathering this to see if the kingdom might be threatened from outside.

I am still working on the total idea. But, this sounds plausible.

Right now, Trake is using his trade for income. He can pick up some items for trade in other areas or with other races at times also. This gives him another excuse to be at some of the places he happens to find himself.
Jerry

Back to top Go down

Tranke and the King

Post  steven_h_d on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:01 pm

ok, great. Just helps on how to work it into the story. So it may be possible the king turns down slick's request and tells Trake to offer support for the special forces and round up a crew...just throwing out ideas. Because I know how hard it might be to get 9 players story to jive and become one group with out say its either assist or go to jail type DM-ing. Which I have had to do a time or two. Long Long ago in a galaxy far far away.

BTW - 1000 post+ woot!
steven_h_d

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2