Playable species (races)

Go down

Playable species (races)

Post  Nerethel on Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:42 pm

Though the nature of the planet is one of diversity, and any species is potentially playable because of it, I have ten major species defined with major cultural influence.

Human - You, me, anybody. Came to the world 634 years ago.
Elf - Shorter than humans, lightly green skin. Came here millenniums ago.
Gnome - Think a cross between garden gnome and one of the seven dwarfs. Came here with the elves.
Brownie - About a foot high, like from Willow. Came with the elves.
Sprite - About 6 inches high, can fly. Came with the elves.
Centaur - Half horse, half man. Two major breeds. Came here about 1000 years ago.
Lizarrd - Short reptilian humanoid with huge fangs. Actually a native species of the planet.
Slith - Snake-men, 7 feet tall. Think Yuan-ti, kind of. Came here about 400 years ago, as outcasts and criminals.
Saurian - Descended from a large pack of Troodon dinosaurs, here through multiple world hops. Here about 200 years as a species.
Da'chk - 4-foot high mantis, intellectual and peaceful scientists. Came here about 500 years ago.

Each has more detail written, but not too extensive, as I am open to ideas for any and every aspect of my game. Truly!
Nerethel

Back to top Go down

Bonuses/Penalties

Post  DM on Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:52 pm

You need to edit and add the Bonuses and Penalties to those races ....

Eric
DM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Playable species (races)

Post  Nerethel on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:04 pm

You mean on the character sheet? Yes. I do. The adjustments were there but didn't translate to google docs for some reason. Maybe it was an old character sheet. I dunno.
Nerethel

Back to top Go down

Character Sheet

Post  DM on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:11 pm

The skill bonuses are listed ...

The stat bonuses are not ... but are integrated into the character sheet.

BSwadley was stunned to find negatives to his race, why I mentioned it.

Eric
DM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerethel on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:21 pm

Interesting! I can't get to Google docs from work, but Chapter 3 - Species lists the bonuses and penalties for each species. I'll have to check that when I get home.
Nerethel

Back to top Go down

Skills Yes ... Stats No

Post  DM on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:28 pm

Skills Yes ... Stats no ...

Eric
DM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerethel on Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:10 pm

They're right there, in the Species chapter... Each species has their name, a description, size (which I will want opinions on later), special abilities or restrictions, base speed, then lists adjustments (if any) to Attributes, Skills and Specializations. Here is the listing for Slith, as an example:

Slith
Slith are snake-men. They have the body of a snake, with some shared features of a humanoid, including arms. Slith have true heat vision, unaffected by sunlight. Most people will attack Slith on sight, considering them monsters. This is not far from the truth, as Slith are notorious bandits. ‘Civilized’ Slith are quite rare. A relative newcomer to Alryx, Slith gravitated to the warm desert realms, feeling more at home in an environment similar to their own, original world. Constructing an organized society has been difficult for the Slith, for the first settlers from their world were actually outcasts, sent into the portal to their world for criminal activity. Four centuries of living on Alryx has tempered their volatile natures, somewhat.

Medium size
Infravision: Slith can see living things in the dark up to 90 feet. Infravision is black and white only, showing differences in heat.
Slith have no vocal cords, so cannot speak, though they can hear as well as other species. They communicate via sign language.
Base speed is 3 mph
Attributes -1 Agility, -1 Charisma, +1 Body, +1 Wisdom
Skills +1 Stealth, +1 Toughness, -1 Athletics
Specializations +1 Innuendo, -1 Ride

Are you looking in the same place I am?

Just want to be sure we're on the same page (literally and figuratively).
Nerethel

Back to top Go down

Post  Zandar on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:00 am

Can you point me to where this info is at? I looked at both our xls and google doc chr sheet's Dont see this info any place. I will keep looking.
Zandar

Back to top Go down

Post  Nerethel on Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:31 am

I have almost all of what I have written uploaded to Google docs. I thought I shared them adequately, but I may have not done it right. I need to learn more about how Google docs shares files.

Anyway, look for a Fractured Destiny folder in docs. It should have several chapters written there.
Nerethel

Back to top Go down

Eureka ....

Post  DM on Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:25 am

Then there was light in the darkness ...

Your pdf's have shown up ... hopefully that will thin down the questinos.

Eric
DM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down