Growing Up Dornish

Go down

Growing Up Dornish

Post  steven_h_d on Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:20 pm

Since there are no school and few things to eat, Dorn childern learn how to work at an early age. Dwingal and I (Gathorne) were some of the older kids of our Sevelm so when the plowing needed done we got to help. Walk behing a team of Ox sound easy, shure if you have OX. Dorn dont have OX we use strong children and the older men guide the plow into the ground. Younger kids plant seeds and women then cover them up and water them from carried buckets on backs of more kids.
For fun we build houses, no we dont use wood, wood for fire keep us warm. Otherwise we burn unpleasent stuff. No we build with rocks. small rocks, big rocks, bigger rocks. Dwingal and I carry lots of rock cause we strong. Then sometines this old man he teach us fighting. Most time it is hand to hand, weapons not allow for those not Orc. Sometimes we sneak out and he show us how to fight with weapons. Me like big War Hammer. Use it like smaller hammer I pound rocks with, only this hammer has better balance, whew big word, hammer can smash things. Once a couple of Orcs see us practice so we caught them before they raise alarm. Hammer works real well on Orcs. Laughing
Then old man take us to see freind, freind kinda wierd, use tape with numbers on it and runs all over our bodies. Very uncomfortable, nother big word, but old guy says he needs to do this then later old man give us heavy shirt and gear says it is armor. So Dwingal and Gathorne, thats me we practice hitting each other with clubs. armor is good, though old guy says dont try with war hammer, it will still hurt Dwingal. Later we meet more folk old guy trained and we leave village, hunt out in wilderness. soon we learn of Durin Rock under attack so group go to help. We kill a few orcs then leader say help thes folk on journey. We not know why, but it is better than plowing fields and growing rocks.
steven_h_d

Back to top Go down

Thoughts of a Dorn

Post  steven_h_d on Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:31 am

Well we supose to find new land, on our journey. But all land we cross is covered in Orc and Shadow men, some of them are helping the land. Because Dwingal and I planted their bodies in it to nurture it. Har Har. Refleting back, it is still better than carring rocks. We travel now with a silly Gnome Oomion, a weird soccerer Mico, The dwarven Shabby and Gabby and this Dog/Man Boomer. Sit Boomer Sit, nice human.
Me not figure it out yet, but sometimes when me must help other group the nice young lady Amber or her wild sister Gretta joins our group. Wish they could be there same time I am, Like them two. Other times Oomion is gone and this mad warrior joins us named Roc. I like him, makes me look smart. Other time when Dwingal is gone we team with Rivan, or Vashreguard, but have not seen him in a while. Roc says he see him, but I don't believe it for real. Well if this part of my Cul-ture-awr-eness then I think I go back to Dorn camp, but wish we take that Amber with us, she useful in battle as well as pretty. The elf witch is ok too, if you in to that power thing, but she draw attention of the shadow too much. Me just want nice place to raise kids and garden, but no turnups.
steven_h_d

Back to top Go down